[adult swim]

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Black Eyed Peas Recruit New Member


They've transcended their vigilant hip-hop roots and have become a global phenomenon, the likes of which the music world has rarely seen. Ever-curious and ever-confident, that group is The Black Eyed Peas, and after energizing crowds 'round the globe with the monster-stomp of Elephunk, it's time for the quartet, William, Fergie, apl.de.ap and Taboo to get down to business, Monkey Business, that is.

Now the group is adding one more monkey to the bunch, with new member, Shawn-Q. "We saw something extra, fresh & funky about Shawn-Q, we had no choice but to let him be down with us," says Will-i-am. Shawn-Q, 25, was born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, and a professional Artist and Designer when he first met Fergie. "He was working on decorating my house in LA, and he was so funny and interesting, we just clicked," says the also newly now turned veteran member.

"I had a 9 to 5 and everything, but I love to dance and I always wanted to perform," says Shawn-Q during an interview, "...so Ferg let me perform for the fellas, and I just killed it, you know, do what I do. So I flew out to one of there concerts, and I was so nervous, because it was going to be the first time the fans would see me. The played 'Let's get it started' and I kicked a verse real quick, and everyone loved it. It just felt good to be on stage with a group of people that have the same passion as me,"says Shawn-Q.

The group will go on tour with there new member this Fall.


[hey, I can dream, can't I?]

17 Comments:

  • LOL, that was crazy.. u r crazy, haven u taken ur pills today ?

    Nice pix by the way

    By Blogger Soldier, at 8:52 PM  

  • Thats so hot.
    Now I can dump my other famous fiance and get engaged to you.

    I dont know if I can take it

    By Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson, at 8:54 PM  

  • LOL, thats cute! I look forward to the tour coming to Chicago lol.

    By Blogger Cash S., at 7:49 AM  

  • That was cute...when u start receiving free Rock And Republic jeans let me know...

    By Blogger @GaryTylone, at 8:16 AM  

  • that was very cute ... it is very healthy to fantasize as long as you remember that it was only a fantasy ...

    now fall back to reality!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:43 AM  

  • you better get it boy!

    By Blogger Unconquerable Soul, at 9:44 AM  

  • Why did I think they were really recruiting another member for a minute.

    By Blogger lj, at 10:46 AM  

  • Go for it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

  • So, before you get to famous you should check out my blog sometime corecesimpson.blogspot.com. Tell fergie I said hello

    By Blogger Mark Smith, at 3:28 PM  

  • LOL....Alright for Fame....Dont forget about when you move all the way to the top....And I want VIP tickets when yall come to the CHI...LOL

    By Blogger Ya boy Maurice, at 7:41 PM  

  • Hahaha.

    By Blogger Jameil, at 9:33 AM  

  • LOL, that was cute!

    Nice spot you have here. I'll be back!

    By Blogger Sherece, at 7:10 PM  

  • nice write-up.... nice pic of you too...

    By Blogger Bougie Black Boy, at 6:22 AM  

  • LOL you are funny. I wanna be in the next group shot. so you the Mitch (that man bitch) that got the part rather and me

    By Blogger Stone, at 6:55 AM  

  • HELL TO THE NAW BOBBAY! That pic is tight tho!

    By Blogger M-Dubb, at 4:57 PM  

  • Cute.

    By Blogger E, at 9:32 PM  

  • Wow. You're goofy. That was pretty funny.

    By Blogger Scarletizm, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger