[adult swim]

Friday, March 04, 2005

I am, the Creator


This one of the designs that's in my college portfolio.
It states: God communicates with everyone, Question is, will you listen?


In college, my professor gave us an assignment to write a small blurb on why we wanted to be a Graphic Designer. Of course in "Shawn" fashion, I wrote this over the top, meaningful, essay-like response. lol. I was being real though. Everything I say is very honest and heartfelt. I guess that's why people admire me, or hate me, which every comes first. My professor loved it, so I just wanted to share it with everyone else.


I am, the Creator
by Shawn


GOD: The Eternal Entity of Energy, created great forces that molded and shaped the Universe in great design. Within the great mind of GOD propelled a design in which the creative arrangement of elements and details, that carried purpose, patterns, and plans, could be accessed by the human mind.

What motivated me to study graphic design? On the spiritual level, it was my soul tapping into the creative forces of GOD, and also having the ability to mold and shape my own existence. Self-expression has always been the means of me communicating who I was. Visual communication was always a gift from GOD that I always wanted to master later on in my life. In a way, graphic design was like a magnet, and it just “drew” me to it. My eyes were always in awe at the intricate beauty of visual media, the ideas and concepts behind it always made me want to create such a grand experience. I wanted to experience Art, but I also wanted to create it.

I learned all types of art during 7th and 8th grade, during a special program, and then graduated from [editor's edit: an art school in New Jersey]. The talent was always there, but I needed to cultivate my mind with ideas, and different ways of thinking, that would help me to use this art for the good of humanity. I soon started to study philosophy, psychology, sociology, religion, metaphysical spirituality, and also learning the universal design of who we are as human beings. All these things made me a stronger graphic designer, as well as a better person.

I am now a creator of visual ideas that help inspire, motivate, persuade, and inform human beings of life’s greatest wonders, through products, brochures, posters, magazines, and/or websites. I am here to help give people and companies’ visual identities and lifestyles. I am here to create life through the means of design, just as GOD has done for us, and to have that great power, makes me extremely happy.

[my birthday is march 27th, mark your calendars]

2 Comments:

  • Wow...that is deep.

    One of the guys that I talk to is skilled at basketball and one day he said something to me that blew my mind. He told me that he felt that his ability to play was a gift from God and that when he had the chance to play, he felt closer to God. That blew my mind. I've though about singing, dancing, poetry and basically all the arts in that manner, but never sports and various other things.

    Off that ramble, I enjoyed this post. It's nice to get a glimpse into what drives you.

    By Blogger Liza Valentino, at 9:15 PM  

  • @tamrock, who the man? lol.
    Yeah I got an A, she actually referred me to my current job now. All my professors love me. I was actually going to work on the Disney Cruise Ship as a head graphic designer there. Wow to travel the seas, doing what you love... I wasn't ready. I just got out of college. I couldn't take on such a huge responsiblity so early. I wish I could have done it, because it would have been perfect for me... but this experience is perfect for me "right now". All my professors were pushing me so hard to take it. sigh. It feels good to get up in the morning, and actually do something you love!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger