[adult swim]

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Grow

[a poem inspired by John Legend's song "Ordinary People" and a recent experience]

Boy I am in love with you.
What are we going through?
Especially after a year and some days.

You say that you love me so,
But not in love with me, so…
Why even bother trying to stay?

I called you.
You played me.
Ignored me, just dissed me.
Always pushing my feelings to the side.

Now you can’t even talk to me.
Just go. Watch your TV.
I’m tired. I tried.
You’re not by my side, so go…

Legend says we’re ordinary people,
And I don’t know which way to go.
Why can’t we be extraordinary people?
We just need some time to grow.

Let’s take it slow. Just go. Oh no, I don’t want you to go.
Take it slow. No, you have to go. You need time to grow.

Maybe I didn’t love enough.
My muscles weren’t tough enough.
Maybe your attraction went a stray.

You say your love is like cement,
Just not always one hundred percent,
And that maybe you need some time away.

I’m small,
And you’re tall,
That doesn’t make it wrong.
Your shallowness just won’t go away.

I try to enhance this.
Give love with romances.
Those men you been glancing,
Go find them, cause its ok…

Legend says we’re ordinary people
And my heart is feeling extremely low.
Why can’t we be extraordinary people?
Maybe I’ll take this time grow.

Let’s take it slow. Just go. Oh no, I don’t want you to go.
Take it slow. No, you have to go. We need time to grow.

4 Comments:

  • *sigh*
    i love you.
    i'm here for you.
    always

    By Blogger Larry D. Lyons II, at 2:48 PM  

  • Wow...Why did I sit here and sing this whole thing?
    Nice post...

    By Blogger Liza Valentino, at 10:21 AM  

  • I think that we should start doing how own love songs we have so many experiences concerning love that need to be heard

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • I enjoyed you blog about work at home and make extra money. I also have a site about work at home and make extra money which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger