[adult swim]

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!



A short light-skin woman from the south.
lived on a farm with her parents, 10 brothers & sisters.
she is the youngest of the siblings.
soon by fate and mystery she left her family,
to live up north and beared a child.

this baby girl is my mother.

my mom wanted to be a dancer.
she wanted to be a model.
she wanted to do all the things her heart desired.
she wanted to be loved.

through her pursuits, she fell in love with a man.
a man that took all those things away from her.
and that left her with only me.

she was only twenty,
and now had another mouth to feed.
with just a one room apartment,
trying to pay bills,
struggling to finish college,
it was a lot and a sacrifice,
to make sure that I would have a better life.

yet through it all,
my mom gave me:

a childhood
insight
freedom
creativity
knowledge
laughter
wisdom
strength
sensitivity
responsibility
integrity
dreams
& love...

...and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No matter how old we both get, I will never forget the times that me and you were each others role dawgs. Your my bestfriend. My mommy. I celebrate you!

[taquan]

7 Comments:

  • OH my goodness that is so sweet!!! Bless your heart and happy birthday to your moms.

    sidebar - thanks for the tips on the new apartment...

    By Blogger N4R, at 3:54 PM  

  • That was "nice".

    By Blogger lj, at 7:56 PM  

  • awwwe... that is so sweet. Happy bday mom-dukes...

    By Blogger prodigalsun, at 9:20 AM  

  • Happy birthday!

    By Blogger Ladynay, at 3:26 PM  

  • Yo, why did my mom get drunk! Too funny!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 4:25 PM  

  • happy bday to ur mom!! hope she had a great one!

    By Blogger gee, at 7:35 AM  

  • ok now see, that's what I call "PRECIOUS". Your mother is truly blessed.

    By Blogger dancehard, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger