[adult swim]

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Pinkin' Ain't Easy



This week has been crazy!

Why was I crying this morning?
I was going to work, had my ipod on, and I was listening to this song my boyfriend introduced to me. "Imagine Me" off Kirk Franklin's Hero Album. So I'm listening to it, and the music & lyrics, just hit me. I just let it all go...

Boss going on rants for no reason.
People stealing money from me.
Rumors plaguing my closest friends.
Boyfriends stealing my cousin's car.

Just too much this week. But I had my GOD moment... just to get that sign from GOD reassured me that everything was going to be ok.



On Friday, I went to Clay's party... it was mad fun! Happy Birthday Clay! If you didn't see him dance, you missed out! Bunny is crazy funny... and my friends better stop trying to give me jello shots like I drink! Why does everyone want to see my drunk?

It's always good to hang out with my friends, everyone is just so cool, and mad funny... I feel like I can really can be myself around them. Bougie is so fun to hang out with... he so crazy! Hey Bougie!

AfterClay's party, we all went out to eat, and then me, Omar, and my boyfriend went to the village to find me some sexy underwear. I'm really looking for the ultimate sexy pair of underwear! If anyone knows where else I can find them, let me know!


That Saturday, me and Omar went right back up to NYC to go to Derrick L. Briggs Book Club. Rumors was the topic! It was a good thing to discuss, but me personally, I pretty much know how to deal with rumors. I had to pass on some advise to a close friend of mine who is dealing with a rumor now. It's always good to see Derrick, and I even met a few friends there. Hey Jared!

I feel myself really starting to lose patience with people. Why do people have to be so ignorant and inconsiderate? I never really had to deal with such strong negativity! You can't change everyone! You can't curse them out! And, it so hard to ignore! sigh.

This just stresses how you really need to keep strong and positive people in your circle. I finally deleted my adam4adam account, and so did my boyfriend.

[applause]

It just really wasn't worth it anymore. I'm not hating on the site, just stating my experiences on there. Its crazy that all these stories about these sex sites are linked to HIV & AIDS. Outside of that, the major problem is that we don't know how to use our sexual energy properly! We get so caught up in the physical, we forget about the mental and the spiritual! I pray that it turns around, and black gay men will lift up and be the true kings and princes we deserve to be!

[It ain't easy fellas.. Pinkin ain't easy!]

13 Comments:

  • YAY! I applaud you and your boyfriend for deleting the accounts. If you believe you've made a good decision, then you indeed HAVE! Sounds like you had a good time out with your friends...there's nothing like hang-time with your peeps!

    By Blogger That Girl Tam, at 8:22 PM  

  • First you are such a beautiful man shawn...and your smile is so sexy...Anyway man we all have those trying weeks the good thing is that your faith led you through it.
    People in this world will always be ignorant and do crazy things just don't let things like that get you down. You are better than all of that.
    Congratulations on deleting the A4A accounts. You got what u need already fuck that shit man.

    A great underwear site... www.undergear.com

    By Blogger 4GOTTEN1, at 9:47 PM  

  • My only 2 cent is that when you find the sexy draws, post a pic, even if a teaser pic! LOL

    Your gonna be fine, your Father told you that. Just keep on keeping on!

    By Blogger Ladynay, at 4:24 AM  

  • Pinkin ain't easy...ha - I love that statement - good play on words.

    Um - also, I'm loving the new Spiritual ShawnQT that we're getting a chance to experience. God is the bomb - I'm glad you're really getting into him.

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 6:43 AM  

  • Kirk Franklins (Jamal's cousin) whole CD is nice.

    The East Coasters always have something going on. I hope there's something happening when I'm there June 2-4.

    By Blogger Cash S., at 11:51 AM  

  • A divided soul can never wear a victor's crown.......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

  • Shawn I admire you so much.

    I'm just glad you're really expericing things...

    and learning it's okay to say NO!
    You're awesome to me...

    Is the bathtub clean?

    By Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson, at 9:08 PM  

  • This is an example that no matter where you are in life, there is always something new to discover about oneself

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  

  • @ phoenix
    Thanks... life has been so much more clearer, since I don't have to see dick and azz everyday! lol. I love my friends, was with them yesterday, eating chicken, hmmmm!

    @ 4 gotten
    me beautiful? Cool! thanks 4gotten. smile sexy? THANKS! Thanks for the support... I'll t go to undergear.com when I get home.

    @ ladynay
    Just for you!

    @jamal
    I like the spiritual me too.

    @ cash
    What ever happen to u getting the bloggers together in your city?

    @ the captain
    I like that!

    @ Trent
    Can't wait to see you!

    @ ep
    So true man, so true!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 7:57 AM  

  • K. Franklins is good and so is your writing.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:15 AM  

  • I'm glad you and your man deleted your accounts...no need for the temptations...it seemed like you had a great weekend, but Satan will throw lots of things at you to destroy your happiness, and you're man enough to roll with the punches and overcome the stress and drama

    By Blogger Waddie G., at 10:09 PM  

  • .... www.erogenos.com

    By Blogger @GaryTylone, at 1:23 PM  

  • If ur looking for hot under gear, i say check out underu.com , i've ordered shit from them... it's hotness.

    By Blogger Rocka, at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger