[adult swim]

Monday, November 28, 2005

Excursion De La Maison: Kitchen & Bathroom

Ok Everybody, the moment, I have been waiting for, ever since I started this blog... I think I'm starting to get emotional. [tissue please!] Here are some photographs of my first 2 bedroom apartment, located in the heart of the ghetto...Holla!



THE KITCHEN: The Place I don't cook in.
Theme: Kitchen for the Musical Soul.
Colors: Badge, Brown, and Black... with accents of natural colors.


I am going to learn how to cook now! Look how cool it is to be in there. About to buy some cook books and do it big. I have been watching a few shows on 30 minute cooking. If anyone has any recipes, please, post them in the comment section. Then I can let you know how It turns out. Remember that this entire house was a wreck, and had to be repainted and refloored... Shout out to Mom Mom, my grandmother, we did that floor in three days!

In the middle of the floor is my "super kitchen island." I made it using two Ikea Kitchen carts, then bolted them together. I originally was going to put a kitchen table in there, but I don't eat in the kitchen because there is no TV there, so I went with just something I can prepare food on. I am going to decorate it with black decor, much like the bowl and vase shown, both from Ikea. The barstools are from Walmart and quite comfortable. Interesting how people did a lot of socializing in the kitchen during the House Warming party.

All my appliances are going to be black [microwave, toaster, George Foremen grill, etc.]. I'm going to add some exposed black shelves to the walls, hang up pots and pans, make it easy to grab and keep it artistic. The main attraction of the kitchen will be Black and White images of all my favorite musical artist.

TLC, Brandy, Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, Trey Songz, Destiny's Child, 112, Bjork, B2K, Lauryn Hill, Toni Braxton, Keyshia Cole, Tweet, Michael Jackson, Usher, [give or take a few].

Then I'll put like a stereo somewhere, so I can dance while I cook. I have a picture of Left Eye that Larry D. Lyons gave me for Christmas a few years back on my fridge now. The stove will be up and running soon (might get a new one). I can't wait!




THE BATHROOM: Oh, to be Naked in Nature.
Theme: The Rainforest.
Colors: Baby Blue, Brown, Green and Badge.


The Bathroom was actually the first room to be finished in the house. I wanted to paint half the walls and ceiling baby blue to give that sky look. Then use brown and green to give it that nature feel. The shower curtain, not shown are bamboo sticks, and the painting is of a waterfall in the forest.



I added plants and rocks to accent the nature feel, especially by the toilet. Everytime I use it, I always think "Pee in the Bush, Pee in the Bush". LOL. I'm going to add a few more paintings on the wall and maybe add some type of vines around the shower to give it a more nature feel. Or maybe coming down the pole on the side of the wall, hmmmm.

I remember when I was re-doing the tiles on the floor, my grandmother keep farting up a storm! Seriously, everytime I put down a tile, she farted. "I can't help it!" she says. Stop eating those Beans MOM MOM! We had fun though. Originally she put up some curtains with some baby fish on them... They was so cute, but they didn't work at all! I love her, but they had to go. They are now green. Overall, I love my bathroom, its very peaceful, just how I wanted it.

[coming soon photos of my office, dining area,
and the house warming party]

26 Comments:

  • Hey man I think you're doing a great job on your place. It looks real nice. It's a lot of fun decorating and putting your place together just the way you want it. Enjoy it!

    By Blogger D-Place, at 7:52 PM  

  • I need you to come help me with MY place...lol...

    By Blogger Quaheem, at 8:09 PM  

  • Wow...really nice..:-)

    By Blogger E, at 8:38 PM  

  • uh oh Shawn, do it big homeboy...
    man, i'm about to get a new place in about 6 weeks... i'm not gonna lie, i have an apartment guide book in my lap right now -lol- u need to come help me hook it up ~ for real... urs is lookin right, boy ~ u have a serious feel and vision for it, make it right... man... i'm starting to dream about my next place... u see whachu did? lol, but yeah thas nice... i bet u never wanna leave :)

    By Blogger heartbreaker, at 8:58 PM  

  • That look s real nice...fantastic !!! lol

    By Blogger @GaryTylone, at 9:14 PM  

  • Very Nice Man!!! Very Nice!!! I'm actually jealous!!!

    By Blogger Tim, at 11:03 PM  

  • I'm going to send you a plane ticket so you can come to the "A" and revive my place! Your spot is HOT ... I love the colors in the bathroom. Maybe I'll request an IKEA giftcard for Christmas.

    By Blogger Systa Soul, at 4:33 AM  

  • Alright for the new apartment! There is enough room for me an dmy Luis trunk!!!

    Wait, you didn't tell me you spoke french Shawn, that will come in handy during my visit....lol

    You have such the queer eye for the queer dwelling...I have to fly you to L.A. for the weekend to decorate my new condo, also in the hood.

    Shout Me!
    Congrats!!

    By Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson, at 7:11 AM  

  • Wow that is nice!! You have some good decorating ideas!

    By Blogger Cash S., at 9:35 AM  

  • I love your home! Thank you so much for inviting me to the house warming. The office shelves are the TRUTH. I'm patiently waiting for a card party or movie night, HINT, HINT! LOLOL

    It's such a small world, LOL!

    By Blogger Unconquerable Soul, at 10:47 AM  

  • Really like the kitchen...gonna have to make myslef a island

    By Blogger lj, at 10:47 AM  

  • yo dude, congrats.

    it really looks like you have put a lot of thought and stock into your home, something not everyone does!

    good ish, looking forward to seeing and reading more!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:34 PM  

  • Man, your place is so hot! Now if I could figure out what to do with my place (it's only been 3 years!)

    By Blogger Richie, at 7:45 PM  

  • Now that is a nice ass place, WOW!!! It is so neat, clean, and peaceful looking. I love the natural colors in the kitchen to.

    Yes, we have got to get you some recipes going up in there honey!!

    By Blogger Superstar Nic, at 9:21 PM  

  • There is not much left to be said that hasn't been already.

    Can't wait to see the rest of it.

    By Blogger Ladynay, at 5:30 AM  

  • VERY nice place.... very hot for the ghetto. Come see my ghetto apartment in the bx. I'm embarrassed now that I've seen yours. . . I think you need some of my artwork at your place though. . . what do you think?

    Also, uhm... should I teach you how to cook? I'm a southern boy. You know we can cook

    By Blogger Bougie Black Boy, at 8:36 AM  

  • you're in the heart of the ghetto? I can't tell because your apartment is so fresh and so clean...I need you to add your Martha Stewart touch to my place...LOL

    By Blogger Waddie G., at 6:01 PM  

  • Nice place... Keeping it clean and shiny is the hardest job. I hope you will succeed at it...

    By Blogger Edz, at 9:39 AM  

  • HELLO. (I know I'm breaking rule one.LOL) But Rachael Ray has this new book out, "Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats--A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners (A 30-Minute Meal Cookbook)". Yu can get that cookbook, and learn how to cook.

    Love the house.


    -Marz

    By Blogger Marz, at 9:45 AM  

  • You do not the Plunger in that picture

    By Blogger Stone, at 7:40 PM  

  • well alright god'dammit! where do u live shawn?

    By Blogger the young people's professor, at 2:11 PM  

  • I love, love, LOVE your kitchen! Don't change a thing. I love the splash of color. Racheal Ray's 30-minute Meals got me back in the kitchen. I love her. My fave of hers smashed potatoes if you like loaded baked potatoes.

    Boil baby red skin potatoes (w/skins on) for 20 minutes. While you're doing that, dice up bacon and fry. Once the potatoes are done, pour in some chicken stock for flavor (eyeball it as she says, pour in a little at a time so that it doesn't get too watery) smash in cheddar cheese, add bacon and sour cream. OFF. THE. CHAIN!! Love it. Dee-lish.

    Wait a minute. I'm mad I'm the only one who posted a recipe. If there aren't anymore next time I come back, I'll do another one.

    By Blogger Jameil, at 4:30 PM  

  • Thanks to everyone who complimented the place! It feels good... it gets me [points to heart] right here!

    jameil1922 keep posting!!!!!!

    Frank I live in Newark, You have to roll through!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 7:53 PM  

  • Congrats on the new place papo. This year was the first time i got my own apartment as well, and there is no feeling like it in the world. Almost 5 months later, i still sit in bed and think wow...this is mine....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 AM  

  • These people are so disobedient. lol. Ok another one of my faves. Mexican lasagna. Fabulous if you like Mexican and if you use ground turkey, it will be healthy as well. If you're not familiar w/ground turkey, it does not get as brown as ground beef so don't overcook it.

    Put some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in a skillet. Brown your ground meat w/garlic, onion, ground cumin (a smokey spice you can find in any grocery store), salt, pepper, diced tomatoes (this comes canned), and diced jalepenos (you don't have to use very many if you don't like it spicy).

    While that's working get out your tortilla shells (the soft ones) and cut in half. Once your meat is done, get out your oven-safe dish. Put a layer of meat, then tortilla shells, then mexican cheese, continue to layer, finishing w/a layer of tortilla covered w/cheese. Pop in the oven on 375 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Then voila (sorry I don't know much Spanish lol), dinner is served! You can top w/salsa, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, whatever you like. Yum-o! I'll be back. And let me know how some of these turn out.

    By Blogger Jameil, at 12:03 PM  

  • Yo man your place looks great! Congrats man!!! Good to see that all you hard work is paying off.

    By Blogger N4R, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger