[adult swim]

Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Ghetto Gets Healthy?




...so I was on my cell phone talking to my boyfriend about how proud I was about one of the logos he designed, finally got made into a T-shirt. It looks really good. So I was still talking to him, walking to the "Chicken Shack"...

[for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a place that sells various types of food like, chicken, burgers, pizza, ice cream, gyros, ribs, fish, shrimp, & bean pies all at the same place, and all at a very low price.]

... to get some dinner. I was telling my boyfriend, I was tired of eating fatty foods, even though I loooooove my Italian Cheeseburgers with extra ketchup. Hmmmmm. So I get in there, and of course the homeless people were asking people for change, and this loud azz sister was asking for a "lucy"...

[for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a single sold cigarette]

... and a couple of brothas were banging on the glass wall, to get the cashier's attention. So I'm looking at the menu, thinking should I get some chicken or just say "fuck it" and get my usual Italian Cheeseburger...

[for those of you who have never been blessed with one of these, GET ONE!]

...so, I noticed they added some new numbers to the menu. Hmmm... #32 is Grilled Chicken with rice & vegetables? #33 is Chicken Wings with rice & vegetables? #34 is Fish, and you know it, RICE AND VEGETABLES????

Since when did the Ghetto get so Healthy?

I wasn't complaining, I got me some chicken wings, rice & vegetables and a 50 cent Pineapple C&C soda for $4.15! I was so excited! So I get home and cracked that baby open, and my food carton was steaming with yellow rice, mixed with carrots, string beans, peas, and lima beans. Hmmmmm. I'm so full right now. I'm so happy the "Chicken Shack" finally has a healthier alternative. The rice was banging.
Make sure you guys check out yours, HEY, you never know.

4 Comments:

  • Does the asian man run your joint too?

    And if he does, the reason why the chicken joint got healthy is because asians only eat rice and vegitables...(is that a stereotype or truth?)

    By Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson, at 12:52 AM  

  • I rather enjoyed reading this post. Reminds me of when I lived in Harlem 2 years ago and we had "Mama's Fried Chicken" on the corner. No joke, that was the name. Outside you always had this cracked out lady screaming to any folk passing by, "You buy me a chicken meal?" She was a pretty BIG lady, she didn't need a chicken meal she needed Jenny Craig.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

  • Yo! I want to go to the Chicken Shack.

    By Blogger bitchdoctrine, at 5:35 PM  

  • The Chicken Shack in Missisisppi is soooo much different. Outside there are not homeless people, just a bunch of toothless old men on a bench drinking homeade whisky out of a bag while playing checkers and talking smack. Inside, there's two big sistahs, one who has a curl and wears a bag on her head, doing the cooking and the cashier is a skinny middle aged dude with an old faded tee shirt that reads "SuperFreak," he's smoking the lucy while he smiles showing his huge gold tooth with diamond accent . The menu includes of course. . Fried Chicken and burgers . . .but also. . . fried green matas (or tomoatoes if you don't kno wthe slang) neckbones. . . chittlins (chitterlings for yall that don't know. . lol) pigfeet. . .and ox tails. . . and as for health foods. . .you do have turnip greens and collard greens but the hamhocks kinda deter the healthy aspect. . .lol

    By Blogger Shana, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger