[adult swim]

Monday, May 22, 2006

Head Above Water


WHAT'S GOOD IN THE HOOD!

Did you guys see Oprah's Legend Ball?! Why was I so emotional! It was so amazing to see so many great and talented women in one room. I commend Oprah for giving thanks to those who paved the way for us. I just hope that one day I can contribute to GOD's Legacy.

I was actually going to do a post today about inspiration, and people who inspire me, but I can't top Oprah, lol. I'll save it for another post.

Life has been really good these past couple of days. I can't complain. Over the weekend, I celebrated a birthday with a friend of mine named Mike. He's made cool, and very attractive [so thinks Omar]. We all went to Red Lobster, and just enjoyed the weekend. He just turned 24 (just make me feel old why don't you!)

Sunday I went to church. Me? Church? I know right! But ever since I have been dating Fuzzy, I have been going more often, and not really minding. We went to a Gospel Youth Choir Explosion Event, but there was no youth choir! Yes, no choir! LOL. To take up the time, all we got was testimonies, the church mother singing songs, and the preacher giving a message. But GOD always has something planned, so there was much praising regardless. Even though I did want to see a choir, lol.

I was bored today, so I took a photo of me. [photo at top]
I like it, I took a few more, but I don't feel like putting them all up here.

Ohhh yeah, I have been on a diet!
Well not really a diet,
but I have been controlling my Fat Intake.
No French Fries. No Hamburgers. No Fried Foods.
Just Chicken,
Fish,
Sandwiches,
Wraps,
Salads,
Fruits,
Vegetables,
and Wheat Bran Cereal. LOL.
I'm going to start off small, and do it for 2 weeks.
I passed week 1 perfectly... now Im on week 2.
I WANT SOME FRENCH FRIES SO BADLY!

But its all about control. On top of that, I am doing crunches and push-ups to tone my body, and get my abs tight. I feel a difference, but haven't seen it yet. I'm going to try and be consistent and patient. You guys have to stay on me though.
So my American Idol parties have been a success, but to bad the FINAL PARTY won't happen! I'm not doing a big huge party for TAYLOR! It is just not going to happen! Everyone can still come over, and watch, but I won't like it. Not one bit. Damn Taylor! Why Paris, WHY! Bring back Lotoya London & Jennifer Hudson! Bring Back Nikko! Oooooo Nikko!


Sigh. At least a Black girl won on America's Next Top Model.
Eva is always on the move, did you see her in Jamie Foxx video? Sexy!

I have so much cleaning to do this this house, I should not be online! LOL
Let me go be productive.



Holla At Ya Boy!
[shawnqt]

15 Comments:

  • oooooo look at them guns...

    By Blogger @GaryTylone, at 9:06 PM  

  • I need to get back on my own diet and exercise regimen. I have sent them to hell ever since my big move.

    I'm so not feeling like watching Taylor win either! Idol would be so wrong if he ends up winning. With his grown self.

    By Blogger soforeal, at 10:14 PM  

  • No french fries? Tone what? Diet? Is the aim definition? I don't get it....LOL

    Have fun at your Taylor party!

    By Blogger Ladynay, at 5:26 AM  

  • I did a little diet for my boxing tournament. It actually works.

    No fried foods, no soda, and no eating after 9pm.

    I am upset I missed the Legends show. Everyone is saying that it was great!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

  • WOW an AMerican Idol party....*lol*

    By Blogger Nika Laqui, at 8:23 AM  

  • Man, awesome blog...
    Yeah, Taylor can kiss my grits. I watched the Idol "showdown" tonight was very underwhelmed.

    You are right. Oprah definitely has the patent on inspiration for at least a week. That special was something else.

    I am glad that Fuzzy has been an influence on you and your spiritual walk. I bet when you do write about inspiration he will have his own little segment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 AM  

  • Yeah I watched the Legands Balls. Man I was justl ike to emotional and proud. We sometime forget for how we as black gave the world. Makes me want to cry again

    By Blogger Stone, at 3:36 AM  

  • Going to church makes me feel so refreshed LOL although sometimes they don't stick to the program..ah well

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 10:21 AM  

  • Yo, I sooo loved the Legend's Ball and loved that they had John Legend there too (drool). Ok back to the ball, I really admire her for hosting that event and sharing with the rest of the world. I gained two things from the show; 1) Tell people how you feel about them while they are yet alive and 2) Be creative with your expressing gratitude to people. Do something different.

    By Blogger Ty, at 10:27 AM  

  • Some people there were not legends....nor should be honored.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

  • Don't be shocked! I haven't watched the LEGENDS BALL yet...I know! It's for a reason...Just before it came on...I PLANNED AN EVENT FOR YOU GUYS (come to find out) it was similar...LOL! Now, GRANT IT...OPRAH HAS WAYYYYY MORE MONEY than I DO...However, I think you'll like it...STAY TUNED! [AUGUST 2006]

    OH BTW...I'm unofficially back from SABBATICAL...YAYYY!

    SEE YOU SOON!'

    By Blogger WATER, at 6:20 PM  

  • OH YEAH...HOT! HOT! HOT! PICS...very online-ish type sexy...like whose that? LOL!

    By Blogger WATER, at 6:21 PM  

  • i was emotiaonal too watching the legends ball

    By Blogger Tito, at 7:36 PM  

  • well...well...2nd pic is hot

    By Blogger lj, at 9:11 AM  

  • those pix r mad sexy...so intense. what are you giving, sir?

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger