[adult swim]

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

LRG, Sexy Books, & Puppies

So Christmas and New Years was good. I spent Christmas with Secret, which was Amazing and New Year's I just spent it alone. I was cool with it, gave me some time to just enjoy the apartment and relax.

Yesterday, I went shopping, and I came across this clothing line called LRG. The clothes are really cool, and very similar to my own style. I love the natural, yet vibrant colors, and the design is so fly. I would look sexy as hell rocking this! I'm not one into designers, I just buy what I'm feeling, but these clothes are really nice!

So I bought a hat, you know, start off small. Hopefully I will be able to buy some more stuff. [birthday 3.27.06] So I went home, and researched them online. Seems that Kanye West also wears the clothes... AND is a model for the line as well. Ya know I love me some Kanye! Sexy, Creative, & Intelligent: Gets me every time! This was just an added bonus. I have to get me some now![3.27.06] Crazy what influence celebrities have on you.


THESE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE LRG ADS.
LOVE THE GRAPHIC DESIGN!

So listen to this. Let's say you have a friend, and both of you have the same style. Both of you are out shopping and pick up the same fly azz outfit. Do you:

A) Put it Back, and let your friend get it.
B) You pick it up, and convince your friend to get something else.
or
C) Both of you guys get the outfit.

So the fine and intelligent Derrick L Briggs is doing this "Books Are Sexy Campaign" for 2006, and is looking for a New Model.

What's interesting about this opportunity is that I decided that, this year, I was going to let go some of my inhibitions [I hold back out of fear sometimes], and also to read at least 3 books. So when I read this on Derrick's blog, I felt this would be perfect for me!

I honestly never read any Black Gay literature, and was thinking about doing it this year. Do anyone know of any good ones to start with?

Most of the books I read now about about GOD and religion, and while I enjoy it, I want to learn about other people's experiences in the Black Gay Lifestyle. I could be a "Books Are Sexy" Model Right?

TO VOTE FOR ME CLICK HERE!



Look at my Puppy! Well he's not really my puppy, he's my sister's, but I get to babysit Lil Kanye when ever I have to babysit my sister. He's 5 weeks old, and he's a mixture of a Chiwawa and a Terrier. Hey, don't ask, he's Gangsta! My Mom got him for my sister. My sister is 13 years old, and she is mentally delayed, and she doesn't know how to talk. They feel by getting my sister a dog, she will be able to verbalize more.

My sister has been like this all our lives, so we are used to it. If anyone meets my sister, she is the most loving and smiling girl you will never meet! She's my Angel, always shows the whole family love. You should see Kanye and my sister playing, its so cool. But one day, I'm going to sneak Kanye away from them, and treat him to a cute afternoon in NYC!

[I see you guys liked "Walking Away"]

[I might do another one]

[might]

[:)]

21 Comments:

  • I get to be first..yeaaaaa..IMO you both get the outfit in different colors and accent it differently

    The only gay lifestyle type book I have is Trent's and I am still in the begining of it so I can't offer any advice here, but I am sure people who click on after me will have plenty of books to share.

    By Blogger Ladynay, at 6:44 PM  

  • You sure can be a "Books are Sexy" Model...The photoshoot will be loads of fun and the Exposure this year will be TEN times bigger than last YEAR...

    Good Luck!

    See you soon!

    DLB

    By Blogger WATER, at 7:11 PM  

  • Hmmm some books...try, Trents book, Lazarus by Rashid Darden, Passion Marks by Lee Hayes, Sons by Alphonso Morgan, Down For Whatever by Frederick Smith, and I Wrote This Song by Dayne Avery. Give those a try!

    By Blogger Cash S., at 6:50 AM  

  • also try a deeper blue, the sequel to passionmarks

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:06 AM  

  • Even though I don't like dogs, I thought that that one was the cutest that I have ever seen.

    And with the friends and outfits. By best friend and I have ended up wearing the same outfit or similar outfit several times. We are both too stubborn to return or change an outfit. Maybe that's why people think that we are a couple!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger That Dude Right There, at 8:51 AM  

  • Happy New Year Brother Shawn and you have my vote...See you on the show...

    By Blogger The Foxybrown Show, at 10:13 AM  

  • I would rock the outfit regardless. As long as we not weaering it at the same place at the same time it's all good.

    By Blogger lj, at 1:31 PM  

  • I would go head and get the outfit. I have my own style and it wouldn't look like the same outfit.

    I voted for you!

    As for gay literature. Start with the quick reads. The first E. Lynn Harris or the first James Earl Hardy. Damn if I can remember what either book was called, but I read them and passed them on. Right now, I wanna reread James Baldwin's Just Above My Head.

    The puppy is adorable. I had a little pomeranian named Dylan Thomas and I used to carry him around in a basket when he was a puppy.. My grandmother killed him with table food. Dylan ate everything she did, everytime she did... right down to Special K with sliced bananas in the morning.

    By Blogger Rodney, at 2:05 PM  

  • Gay Literature.hhmmm..I would most definitely recommend Just As I Am and Invisible Life. He has a whole series, but those two are my favorites.

    By Blogger K Kaos, at 2:53 PM  

  • Ahhh look at the puppy. I know it would taste really good with some veggies. LOL

    By Blogger Stone, at 2:56 PM  

  • if i saw it first, its mine. and if i like it enough and it looks better on me, its mine too. we both have to try it on so i can see. the only exception is when we live no where near each other. then we can both buy it and i don't care. as long as she doesn't look better in it and we don't wear it at the same time or w/in a wk. of each other in the same city! lololol

    books ARE sexy! whenever i meet a man who reads, i'm always so excited!!! yum-o!

    and isn't dat da cutest wittle puppy?!! i love puppies!!! yay!!

    By Blogger Jameil, at 5:05 PM  

  • Make sure you read Passion Marks too...LRG is cute...if it was my style, I would rock it...I still might...

    By Blogger @GaryTylone, at 11:06 PM  

  • I would probably put the outfit back or buy a variant of the look. I love dogs and Kanye is so adorable. Books are sexy and, of course, you could be the model. I suggest "Freedom in this Village." It's my new favorite so I must suggest it to everyone. I think it's wonderful your sister has such a loving and caring brother.

    By Blogger MatisseNdegeocello, at 12:35 AM  

  • ...sidebar: I LOVE your Stewie quotes...LMAO

    ok..now back to your regularly scheduled..blog...

    LRG...LARGE...like it...then again, Kanye makes everything look...cool. With a WTF is he wesaring...but hey it works!

    You have my vote....

    *just passing thru... *smile*

    By Blogger Blah Blah Blah, at 9:27 AM  

  • LOL not with her namin' that poor dog kanye! cute dog though and you look cute in that picture

    By Blogger Charles X, at 1:05 PM  

  • I love LRG clothing!!!

    By Blogger Waddie G., at 2:23 PM  

  • both of you get the Outfit. I used to buy my ex best friends clothes identical to mine all the time. So it doesnt matter. I have not read many Gay lifestyle books... But I surely dont recommend Beyond the Down LOW.. I go to sleep every time. I'm a Mental Retardation Professional and the Dog was the Best Idea. Not only will she verbalize herself more but it will keep down depression and other things that display themselves in the DD population. I am not a label person but hey if it looks good on me then I shall be buying it.

    By Blogger Ya boy Maurice, at 5:54 PM  

  • Thanks Maurice, I appreciate what you said about my sister, I just hope the dog brings a smile to her face!

    Thanks to everyone who voted for me, we will see what happens. If anything, I took down everyone's suggestions, and narrowing down my choices for my first "Black Gay Novel. I want something simple, but GOOD for my first read.

    The event about the clothes actually happened, and we both got the outfit, but we both plan to style it up different, and NOT wear it on the same day. We are both in different states (NYC and NJ) so there won't be a problem.

    I love my puppy!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 6:47 PM  

  • Oooooh, the pup is so cute!!!

    @ Stone- now you know you are wrong for that, LOL.

    By Blogger Superstar Nic, at 10:44 PM  

  • Definitely get the outfit. I believe in individuality, though, so I don't know if I'd ever want my significant other (not that I have one...*LOL*) to be rocking the same fashions. But that's just me...*LOL*.

    By Blogger E, at 7:00 AM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger