[adult swim]

Saturday, January 28, 2006

IS LEFT RIGHT?



Shout out to Unconquerable Soul for a wonderful EVENT! You did Great!

Today has been a really long day. It's just too much going on, and on, and on...

But what can you do? I KNOW! Start reading THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I started on Day 242: Use your Left Hand all today. [i like to skip around] Yes a brotha was left handed, and it wasn't cool. Challenging is a better word. I cooked breakfast this morning, and it is really hard to crack an egg properly with your left hand. Then trying to flip the eggs in the pan, I really don't think my left arm is strong enough, lol. I think the most interesting part was using the mouse on the left hand side. Go ahead, try it? Weird huh? I actually found out that my friend Omar is left handed, who knew! He thinks he is a big shot because he can do shit with his right and left hand... show off! It wasn't that bad I guess...

Is Left Right?
When one chooses a life so left field can it be acceptable?
Can one be Gay and it be ok?

Its hard when one of your friends is a church boy, and even though he told his family about his sexuality, they still try and "convert" him to be straight "in the name of jesus", of course! And why not when your big brother is a minister, and plays the "protective" role by threatning to beat up any nigga you bring to the house, and pray for you "in the name of jesus", of course! So why not become straight, date women, so your family will be ok with you, even though you deny everything that you are, its "in the name of jesus", of course!

I don't know about you, but Jesus name stands for:
Acceptence
Mercy
Forgiveness
& Love.

It is hard accepting your sexuality with your spirituality, and many believe the two don't belong in the same sentence... but I think they can go hand and hand.

I believe that sexuality is the physical manifestation of your thoughts and emotions. It is what drives us on the most basic of human nature to the highest of spiritual nirvana.

Of course sex is the driving force of procreation for all of humanity. Heck, all of life!

Outside of that, our thoughts and emotions about our sexuality [be it male, female, homosexual, or heterosexual] physically manifests into how we talk, how we dress, how we interact with others, and how we connect physically with each other. These variables are random, and biologically and socially affect all of us. So you can have a straight woman, who loves playing hard tackle football, or a Gay Man who just loves to dress up as a woman. Life is Random, Life Happens, and who's to say that none of this is suppose to exist, when it exist! It's Natural [part of Nature], yet not Normal?

Normal to who? Normal always changes. What is normal today, will not be normal tomorrow.

To some, being left-Handed is not normal, but its natural (part of nature) for someone to be left-handed. Today I was left-handed, and you know what, it was a challenge, and it was hard, but I'm still alive! I still got it together! What's wrong with that? Accept it! Accept Me!

I wonder if Jesus was left handed?

[wow, I love this book!]

16 Comments:

  • Stop hating on the ambidextrous!!!! Cooking with one hand would be a challenge for sure.

    Imma try that mouse thing....

    Why didn't you start on day 1? Why 242? Why not is not a reply. :-D

    You should you tube some of the really crazy things it tells you to do!

    By Blogger Ladynay, at 8:01 PM  

  • Shawn you never cease to amaze me...you are a incredible guy and I am sooooo feeling this blog right now...you have no idea..I will tell you why one on one but you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

    By Blogger antneya, at 8:14 PM  

  • Well I am left handed and i always did things differently. I think this is who we are. in a word special

    By Blogger Stone, at 11:56 AM  

  • yo shawn... i love the way u think, and i feel ya... i don't think i could have the courage to be open as you are, but i give u your props... and you're right, we have those feelings and those thoughts -- so why repress them and act like they don't exist, u can't help who you're attracted to & i gotta check out that book, too! peace

    By Blogger heartbreaker, at 3:08 PM  

  • If that book makes you think about life like this, then you just convinced me to buy it.

    By Blogger That Dude Right There, at 6:50 PM  

  • I agree w/That Dude - I'm going to pick the book up too!

    Thanks!!! And no - I'm not living it up in Cali, MR! We need to chat about this blogger game night too!

    Coming Into Reality,
    -Jamal

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 6:52 AM  

  • @ LADYNAY

    IM NOT HATING, HEY ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO BE VERSATILE! I LIKE TO SKIP AROUND, U KNOW.
    WHY U WANT TO SEE ME ACT A FOOL, LOL. :)

    @ ANTNEYA
    I GOT UR E-MAIL, I WILL READ IT LATER... THANK U ALWAYS FOR THE LOVE AND YOUR PRESENCE.

    @ MYTRUTH
    THANKS TRUTH!

    @ P. ALONZO
    ITS GOOD THAT YOU RESPONDED SO I CAN BUILD ON MY INITIAL THOUGHTS.

    THE ISSUE LIES IN CAN OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS BE SURPRESSED? SHOULD THEY BE SURPRESSED?

    TRUE, OUR SEXUALITY IS MUCH DEEPER THEN OUR OWN LIMITED THINKING & EMOTIONS, BUT IT CAN ALSO BE EXPANDED ON AS WELL.

    OHHH SHIT, BEYONCE'S "CHECK ON IT" IS ON THE RADIO, HOLD ON! HAVE TO LET MY SEXUALITY OUT, AND POP IT LIKE BEYONCE, LOL. SEE... I CAN'T HELP IT, AND I COULD SURPRESS THE URGE TO DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT AT THE OFFICE, BUT MY THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS PHYSICALLY MAKES ME DO IT!

    JUST THINK ABOUT ALL THE GAY MEN THAT HAD THE THOUGHT THAT THEY COULD GO BACK AND BE STRAIGHT, AND IT DIDNT WORK, AND NOW THEY ACCEPT IT.

    ALL IM SAYING IS, BE MINDFUL OF WHO YOU ARE, AND ENJOY YOUR SEXUALITY... MAYBE CELEBRATING IT CAN BE A POSITIVE THING, INSTEAD OF HOLDING IT IN LIKE ITS WORST THING IN THE WORLD.

    @ STONE
    YOU WOULD BE LEFT HANDED, NASTY! LOL. WHAT ELSE DO U DO WITH UR LEFT HAND?

    @ HEARTBREAKER
    TRUST ME, IT HARD TO STATE UR FEELINGS ON A TOUCHY SUBJECT.

    @THAT DUDE AND JAMAL
    THE BOOK IS GREAT!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 10:41 AM  

  • wow - you sound as excited as Oprah did about A Million Little Pieces -- i will to check it out!

    By Blogger Clay, at 10:49 AM  

  • Jesus cannot accept anything or as you are. This is one of the major painpoints I have with the "black church" of today and the liberal thinkers of society.

    We must keep in mind that Jesus came to fulfill the law. Theoretically, he was uanble to speak of anything in particular. The law says that homosexuality is not normal....but we know it exist. The question is why does it exist? What is the purpose to have variations in sexual preferences and expression? There are consequences (spiritually and physically) with homosexual acts....but no one mentions that at all.

    Yes, Jesus forgive, he loves us all....but I know for sure God does not accept any and everything!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

  • I am really glad you brough up that point Captain.

    I agree that GOD does not accept any and everything... but like a loving GOD, I believe GOD not only sees act, but also looks at intention.

    I do believe there are consequences for everything we do, some we bring apon ourselves, and others that are forced apon us.

    I wouldn't be ME, without seeing the positive side of life as well!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 11:29 AM  

  • interesting post, but I think Jesus was right-handed...why??? I dunno...LOL

    By Blogger Waddie G., at 1:15 PM  

  • I cabn use both of my hands equally.. im ambidextrous. sexuality is based upon a persons life and who they are attracted too. An Jesus was probably right handed cause most of us are.

    By Blogger Ya boy Maurice, at 3:59 PM  

  • You have a very interesting way of putting things. I like your style and the way you see things. I'm not so sure that it is book that makes you think this way. I think that it is just something in you. Just your style anyway.

    By Blogger Superstar Nic, at 5:48 PM  

  • This post was so true! It's good to be able to 'step out of the box" and see how things are for others.

    By Blogger LUVIN ME, at 6:39 AM  

  • The new banner is hot!

    By Blogger Cash S., at 10:55 AM  

  • @ CLAY
    OH NO, NOT OPRAH, LOL!

    @ PROFESSOR
    HEY, JUST ASKING, U KNOW!

    @ DRED
    I FEEL U MAN, 100%! I APPRECIATE UR COMMENT!

    @ N SEARCH & ACCOMPLICE
    YOU TWO LADIES REALLY MAKE MY DAY EVERYTIME YOU COMMENT, I APPRECIATE BOTH OF YOUR COMMENTS MORE THEN YOU KNOW! THANK YOU ALWAYS FOR THE LOVE!

    @ LUVIN ME
    THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT!

    @ CASH
    ONLY YOU AND DERRICK NOTICED, INTERESTING!
    THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT, GOING TO ADD MORE TO IT WHEN I GET TIME!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger