[adult swim]

Monday, October 18, 2004

I Fucked Up!

stressed

I made another mistake at work. I don't know what to do. I am trying my hardest to make sure I look over everything I design, and I try to stay on top of everything that I read and send out. But it is always one thing after another, but hey, that's the design business. One small mistake can cost a lot of money, and we aren't allowed any.

Now I will say this. I don't make the same mistakes twice, and I do have other people proofread and look over my work, but when a mistake misses someone else's eyes, the designer is always to blame. So, I own it and accept it, and I never blame anyone else.

"All Humans make mistakes, no one is perfect", everyone says. Of course I think to myself, "BUT I AM PERFECT!"

[inner self slaps me silly. twice.]

Ok, so I'm not perfect, but I really need to be more on top of my stuff. The best advise I have given myself is:

1) Stop calling yourself stupid and that your a bad designer, because in the end, you have your great looks to carry you through life.... and your really not that stupid and a bad designer.

2) Own it and Accept it. Crying about that shit is only going to make you look like a punk-ass bitch, and no one wants to work with a punk-ass bitch!

and...

3) Take it as an experience to do better next time. If he hasn't fired you yet, you still have a few more months to suck up enough for him to forget about it... Of course until you make another mistake, which your going to make it, because your only human.

1 Comments:

  • found your old posting. well said. Being an editor/writer/proofreader, and working for some advertising agencies, I fully understand and sympathize with you on this.

    By Blogger Bougie Black Boy, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters
Thanks for Visiting!

Powered by Blogger